Royal Flesh Tattoo & Piercing Shops in Chicago
Royal Flesh Tattoo & Piercing is a professional Tattoo & Piercing Shop in Chicago. Your piercing will be done right!!!
If you're thinking about getting a piercing done and you are here in Chicago you can simply fill out the form below and we will be happy to call you to answer your piercing questions or to get you started with a FREE piercing consultation.
What makes our Chicago Piercing Shops so Unique? We are intensely loyal to our clients and believe each client’s experience is unique and personal. Therefore, the specifics and details of each client’s modification are not only important to us, but the basis of our quality work and open minded attitude when providing them with personal fine art. Body piercing has grown so much in popularity in recent years that it has become almost as popular and accepted as make up, with more and more people getting navel rings and multiple ear rings. Facial piercings, surface piercings and lots of others to choose from can make things confusing.It's intimidating If you don’t know what to expect when you decide to get a piercing.
Here are some of the top questions people have about body piercing.
1. How much should I expect to pay for a body piercing. The cost of a body piercing varies depending on several things, including where in the body it will be located, and what kind of piercing you’re having done. Generally the more difficult the piercing, the higher the cost.
2. Does it hurt? here's the truth, yes. Does it hurt much? Most people will tell you, “No, not really.” It’s usually more like a pinching or popping sensation than anything. The sensation of pain is relative—some people feel it more than others.
3. How long does it take a body piercing to heal properly? The healing time for a body piercing varies depending upon what you’ve had pierced. Some parts of the body recover more quickly than others. For instance, if you pierce your earlobes, you can expect them to heal quicker and be ready for new jewelry other than the original piercing jewelry. Piercings such as the navel piercing is in an area that heals slowly, because it’s right where the body twists and turns, which slows the healing process. The better you care for your body piercing, the more quickly it will heal. So be sure to discuss the proper care of your piercing with the piercing professional who does your body piercing to ensure a quick, clean piercing and you will heal in the least amount of time possible.
4. What to look for in a good body piercing studio? A good body piercing studio must first and foremost be clean, sterile, and professional. The most common cause of infection in piercings is simple exposure to germs. So look for a piercing studios that is very strict about its cleanliness and sterilization procedures. They should have a separate room where nothing else is done but piercings. They should always have an operational autoclave, which is a steam sterilization unit that is to be used to clean and sterilize all tools and equipment used during piercing. They should also pierce only with single-use, disposable needles. Look for experience and qualifications. Have all the piercers been through an apprenticeship program? If so, for how long did they train and where? Also make sure they are licensed to operate a piercing studio by their state’s department of health. In most states this is now mandatory. Also check the date to make sure it isn’t expired. Finally, look for a certificate of membership in a professional society such as the Association of Professional Piercers, an organization that supports safe and professional piercing practices and offers extensive ongoing training.
5. Can’t I just pierce myself? It’s simply too hard to keep the area in your own home (or wherever you happen to be) clean and sterile enough. You also may have trouble lining up and placing a piercing squarely where you want it, and if you lose your nerve half-way through the piercing, you’re stuck with it half done and botched piercing. If you do it at home, you’ll probably do it on an impulse, which will mean you won’t have the right tools. Piercing needles are incredibly sharp in order to reduce the pain and make a good, clean cut. No matter how sharp that sewing needle is at home, it’s not as sharp as a piercing needle, so it will hurt more, bleed more, and may not heal as cleanly.
6. What should you use as after care for your piercing? Today most professional piercers agree that the best way to clean a fresh piercing is with a sea salt solution to help soothe the area and draw impurities out of the wound to promote faster healing. We recommend a sterile saline solution that can be sprayed on for ease of use. It’s highly recommended by many professional piercers and is convenient, especially if you’re traveling or on the go. After cleaning, you should follow up with a pat dry.
7. What is the BEST kind of jewelry to be pierced with? Never use cheap or base metals to get a body piercing. The best jewelry to use are implant-grade titanium, implant-grade steel or high quality glass. which less likely to cause a reaction with your body. In some cases, you can use high quality gold. Once a piercing is completely healed, you should alway stick with high quality body jewelry.
Hope to see you in the Piercing Studio here at Royal Flesh Tattoo and Piercing in Chicago soon. Stop by and visit! Royal Flesh Tattoo and Piercing 4005 N Broadway Chicago, IL, 60613 (773)975-9753